Welcome to York Grotto
These terms and conditions are for the use of York Grotto’s Website.
By accessing this website (http://www.yorkgrotto.org) and in consideration of the access to the information presented herein or obtained from links herein, you agree to accept these Terms and Conditions in full and York Grotto agrees to provide the information only upon condition of Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Do not access, view, or use York Grotto’s website if you do not accept all of the Terms and Conditions stated on this page.
This Agreement shall be effective as of the first date of Your access to http://www.yorkgrotto.org or any page hereof, and shall remain in effect for a period of six years. Each date of access shall constitute a new Agreement. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, and all Agreements created hereunder: “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Grotto’s Terms and Conditions. “The Grotto”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to the York Grotto, an Internal Organization of the National Speleological Society, its members, officers, and representatives.
Unless otherwise stated, York Grotto and/or its members own the intellectual property rights for all material on the York Grotto website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.yorkgrotto.org for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these Terms and Conditions.
Unless explicit permission is granted in writing by the holder of the rights, You must not:
- Republish material from http://www.yorkgrotto.org on any other website, social media site, printed publication, or other use;
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.yorkgrotto.org;
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.yorkgrotto.org for use by others; or
- Redistribute content from York Grotto
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material, and data (‘Comments’) in designated areas. York Grotto does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of York Grotto, its members, officers, agents or representatives. Comments reflect only the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. Viewing of any Comment on this website is subject to these Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws York Grotto shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of any Comments on this website.
- York Grotto reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- By posting a Comment, You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comment on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comment does not state or imply that it reflects the opinion or view of the Grotto or of any member other than Yourself;
- The Comment does not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation, copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comment does not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comment will not be used to solicit or promote business or present commercial activities or unlawful activity without the express prior written permission of the Grotto.
- You hereby grant to York Grotto a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed organizations.
- The National Speleological Society and its Internal Organizations.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion link requests from other organizations or entities.
Organizations interested in linking to our website, must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our Organization name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of York Grotto’s logo or other graphics, photography, or artwork appearing on Our website will be allowed for linking absent a written license agreement from the holder of the right of publication.
Without prior approval and express written permission, You may not create frames around Our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of Our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in Our sole discretion to request that You remove all links or any particular link to Our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to Our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and Our linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, You agree to be bound to and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If You find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, You may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to You.
While We endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, We do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do We commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date. Upon notice that any information on Our website is defamatory, false, or otherwise unlawful or tortious, We will review the information and take appropriate action, which may include removing it, modifying it, or supplementing it.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on Your Web site which links to or purports to be derived from the York Grotto, its members, officers or representatives or which appears on Our website or other publication of by, or about the York Grotto. All such publication by You shall be subject to the Waiver and Indemnification provisions below.
Waiver and Indemnification
In consideration for the use of Our website, and with notice of the Disclaimer below, You waive any and all claims which You may have against Us arising from or related to the content of Our website or any use that You may make of it.
You also agree to indemnify and defend Us against all claims arising out of or based upon any content appearing on Your Website which is, or may be inferred to be, arising from the York Grotto.
All information on this website is provided free of charge or cost. The Grotto’s obligations under the Agreement hereby created are limited to allowing You to view the information presented on this website without consideration other than Your agreement to abide by these Terms and Conditions. No other obligation or covenant is intended or implied nor shall any liability of the Grotto at law or in equity arise from Your viewing, use of, or reliance on this information.
Some information on Our website relates to activities that may be dangerous to undertake without proper training, supervision, and equipment such as, but not limited to, caving, climbing, scuba diving and searching for caves. Publication of information regarding these activities does not constitute an inducement or invitation to You to undertake any such activities, nor does such information constitute a license to enter private property, trespass, or otherwise visit or enter any cave or property without permission of the landowner or holder of a license to enter. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to Our website and the use of this website including, without limitation, any implied warranties in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill.